AtoZ Aupairs
Family Registration
If you’re thinking of having an Au Pair and would like our assistance, please take just a few minutes to complete our simple registration form.
Family Registration
Au Pair Registration
Only register if you are already a resident in the UK if you are overseas go to and find an agency in your country
Family Registration
If you have already registered and would like to access your account please click on the link below.
Family & Au Pair Login
British Au Pair Agencies Assocation
To find out more about The British Au Pair Agencies Association (BAPAA) or the International Au Pair Association (IAPA) please click logos above.

An Au Pair is a single person between the aged 18 and over without any dependants.  They come here to learn English as part of an English speaking family. They are not domestic staff or employees but are a cultural exchange – they live as part of your family, join you for meals and have their own bedroom and receive a suggested minimum of £80 pocket money per week . They help with childcare and light housework for 30 hours to include any evening babysitting and must have 2 FULL free days each week.  

A2Z Au Pairs require all of our families to pay £20 contribution per week towards language studies.  Please also note that the Au Pair IS NOT THE FAMILY CLEANER and should feel like a member of your family - they should therefore share this duty with the family and only 20% of their duties should be cleaning related and this cleaning should relate to the day to day care of the children.  If you require extra cleaning or babysitting on a free day you will need to discuss this with us when you register and you need to be prepared to offer additional pocket money to an Au Pair who is willing to do this.  Extra hours should be paid at £4 per hour

It should be remembered that an Au Pairs cultural experience with children can be limited and that they are not trained nannies or childminders. AU PAIRS SHOULD NOT HAVE SOLE CHARGE OF CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 2.

Your au pair should have 2 free days per week and should be free to attend language classes and Religious services if desired. They should be provided with their own bedroom and full board and lodging as part of your family.

They can stay in the UK for a maximum of 2 years and if from a non EEC country, they are not permitted to take a normal paid job in this country. Light household duties are accepted as part of an Au Pairs arrangement and are not regarded as employment.

Au Pairs are entitled to normal paid holiday - 28 days per year on a pro rata basis to include bank holidays or time off in lieu

Mother’s Help – These applicants have more relevant experience and can be given more responsibility. They expect to be properly employed and pay tax and NI but minimum wage per hour does not apply.  They work 40-50 hours per week, plus babysitting 2/3 evenings per week. They receive ideally £175.00 - £300.00 per week (dependent on experience)  and get 1 – 1 ½ days off per week. They still live in your home and have their own bedroom and full board and lodging. They are expected to be at home looking after children normally whilst the mother is at work, or helping the mother in a busy household. They have a combined housekeeping role and can be asked to keep the house clean and tidy, do some cooking and shopping, do laundry and ironing, etc. They generally work between 8-10 hours per day. Most Mother’s helps are aged 20+ and must have previous childcare experience. Depending on their experience, they may be able to have sole charge of toddlers and school-aged children. As they are generally not formally qualified in childcare, this is at the discretion of the parents. The wage of a Mother’s help varies a great deal on age, experience, ability to drive, etc. but the recommended starting figure of £175.00 per week before tax or NI.
Information for Families
Important things to consider when hosting an Au Pair

Click here for our advice document
Important advice on Au Pairs DRIVING IN THE UK
Check your insurance re minimum age that you can insure to drive your car.

As an agency we can only confirm that the Au Pair has a current driving licence - WE CANNOT ENDORSE THEIR DRIVING ABILITY - Ask the Au Pair questions to establish their current driving experience
You must organise practice lessons with a qualified driving instructor.

For BAPAA driving guidance
Click here

For DVLA information re foreign nationals driving in the UK
Click here
How can my au pair (or nanny) become Ofsted registered under the voluntary registration scheme?
Please Click here for more information as to how to register your Au Pair or Nanny
Government childcare funding - Tax Credits & Childcare Vouchers
Your eligibility will depend on your individual family circumstances; you should contact the HM Revenue and Customs for detailed advice on your case.

Click here for general guidance from HMRC: